St James' Lanehead C of E (VA) Primary School, Briercliffe Road, Burnley, BB10 2NH
St James' Lanehead
C of E (VA) Primary School
Tel: 01282 426833
Headteacher: Miss Michelle Stott
The Governing Board
As Governors in a Church of England Primary school we always open our meetings in prayer and close our meetings with The Grace.
May your strength support us in our leadership:
May your grace open our hearts and minds;
May the light of your spirit enter our discussions:
May your wisdom inspire our decisions:
May your mercy bring compassion and understanding
into our relationship with everyone:
May your forgiveness bring us humility
And may Christ’s love be at the heart of all we do.
As a Governing Board we have a code of conduct to follow which we all agree to and sign
St James’ Lanehead Church of England (VA) Primary School Governors
The Governing Board meet at least once a term and visit the school. In consultation with the Headteacher they are responsible for the Finance, Curriculum, Management and Discipline of the school. They have regular full meetings and work with the Headteacher, Diocese and LEA to enable the school to perform its functions.
The Governing Board provide challenge and support to ensure the school is run efficiently and all policies and practices are in line with the trust deed of the school and fulfils statutory obligations. Governors are re-elected every four years.
The Governing Board promote the British Values and Christian values of the school.
In a Voluntary Aided School the Governors are Trustees of the premises. They are responsible for all maintenance, repairs, improvements and extensions. Only major work and improvements attract a 90% grant from the DfE. The remaining 10% and minor improvement costs have to be met by the Governing Body.
Attendance at meetings is paramount and governors are expected to give their voluntary time to the school.
This academic year the clerk to the The Governing Board Chair and Vice Chair of Governors monitor the attendance at Governing Body meetings. This information will be published on the school website.
We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website.
You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.