Attendance is important to us here at St James’ Lanehead Primary School. As a school we strive to achieve the national average of 97% attendance.
We understand that there may be times when your child’s attendance may fall below this but if you feel you may need support with your child’s attendance then please ask to speak to a member of our family support team.
Below are some of the ways in which we will work to achieve this.
- We will ask you to attend a meeting with the headteacher if your child’s attendance is not satisfactory.
- We will contact you if your child is absent from school and we have had no explanation from you. So please contact us if you know your child is too unwell to attend.
- We may involve the school nurse if we feel the need to resolve medical absences.
- We will request support from the Local Authority where we have concerns about attendance.
- We will continue to recognise and reward those pupils who attend regularly and punctually.