Puzzle club takes place each Wednesday lunch time with Miss Stott. During puzzle club we practice lots of puzzle skills. We use strategies and work together to find clues and answers to some tricky word searches, puzzles and mathematical brain teasers.
We really enjoy puzzle club and are now hooked!
We have decided that
1) Puzzles help us with spellings.
2) they make us work faster
3) they boost our working memory
4) they extend our vocabulary
5) they encourage problem solving
6) they help us to become confident and competitive
7) they are fun and we can do them with people of all ages, bringing generations together
8) we enjoy doing some online puzzles
9) they help us with tests and prepare us
10) they are portable, cheap and entertaining.
We are working together to create our own puzzles and word searches to help other children at St James’ Lanehead.